One of the things I love the most about Upstate New York is the foliage. Vibrant reds mixed with mustard yellows transform ordinary landscapes into a treasure trove of breath-taking scenery. It is certainly a wondrous portrayal of natural beauty at its finest.
Aside from being one of my favorite seasons, Fall is also the season when skin, hair and nails begin to take on a lackluster life all their own. Here’s what I do to help my skin thrive during the onslaught of drier, harsher climates.
- Hydrate – in the summer months, I enjoy using all of my “cutesy” lotions which are very light in texture and don’t weigh heavily on my skin. For fall, however, I get out the big guns. Emollient rich, moisture rich and non-sticky lotions are ideal to help keep ash and dry skin at bay. This month’s favorite is the Calming Creme by Eucerin – kept my dry skin from feeling itchy.
- (Dual) Cleanse - for vibrant fall skin, I use cleansers infused with emollients or moisturizers. Sometimes, I’ll add a drop or two of avocado, coconut or argan oil to my favorite Dove body wash for a splendid glow.
- Eat Healthy – I know most people tend to eat healthier in summer months–I’m not one of them. In fact, I tend to lose weight in the fall and winter months. I drink more water, eat more broth-based soups and exercise. The best foods that seem to help maintain my skin’s radiance include: pumpkins, apple cider, a variety of black teas, spinach and coconut rice. Odd, yes I know but hey, it seems to work. Who am I to disagree?
What kind of skin regime do you use in the fall months? Share them and you could win!
- Follow the Eucerin Twitter handle @EucerinUS and share your tips on how to make November a calming month for your skin
- Post your twitter URL in the comments, along with your skin care regime and viola you’re entered!
- Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials Body Lotion
- Eucerin Calming Crème
- Aromatique™ Pumpkin Spice candle (simply delicious and divine!)
- A holiday cookbook by Williams-Sonoma entitled Thanksgiving
FTC Disclaimer: Author is a participant in the Skin First Campaign with Eucerin. The opinions in this post are 100% her own.